It’s fall. There is no denying it. It’s cold in the morning, and the sun is barely up. If you don’t have to be up to teach an early morning workout class, then stay in bed! Give yourself a few extra minutes under those cozy covers and still have time for a healthy + simple breakfast.
You can even read the sports page with your burrito (if you are Brady) or you can just read your overflowing Google Reader + Pinterest, if you are me.
If you’re feeling generous, share half with a friend or the man-of-your-dreams.
Better yet, make them their own. You will both be happier.
And see if you can con them into making the coffee.
Healthy Breakfast Burrito
- 1 egg and 2 egg whites
- 1 c. fresh spinach, or 1/2 c. frozen spinach
- 1 Morningstar veggie breakfast sausage, microwaved to thaw (usually 30 sec.)
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- hot sauce or salsa to add flavor
- Crack egg + egg whites into a small bowl.
- Add spinach and 2 T. salsa or 1 t. hot sauce
- In a sprayed saucepan, mix eggs, spinach, hot sauce/salsa and cook on medium until egg starts to set.
- Crumble up thawed veggie sausage into eggs and continue cooking.
- When eggs are done, place in a whole wheat wrap with another tablespoon of salsa and serve!
You can make a few of these ahead of time and wrap them tightly with plastic wrap and store in the freezer in a Ziploc bag.