So…. the title to this post kind of gives away the recipe, but it’s worth it. This salad is a party in your mouth.
It’s packed with:
chew from the kale
crunch + salt from the roasted almonds
creaminess from the goat cheese
sweetness from the mango
richness from the avocado
Make this as soon as possible.
Make this before mangos go out of season and are still on sale.
Make this to satisfy all of your cravings in one bowl.
Kale + Avocado Salad with Mango + Goat Cheese
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 med. mango, diced
- 1/2 c. goat cheese (more or less according to your tastes), crumbled
- 1/3 c. chopped almonds
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. honey
- Champagne Vinaigrette dressing ( we LOVE Trader Joe’s brand)
- Place chopped kale into a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, and lemon juice. Use your hands to “massage” the greens with the oil + lemon juice. Drizzle with honey.
- Add the chopped romaine lettuce to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the almonds, mango, avocado and goat cheese to the bowl of greens.
Serve with Champagne dressing!
Then go back for seconds + thirds.