Monday morning always comes way too fast when you have a great weekend. We stayed home for the 2nd weekend all summer and made the most of every minute.
The laundry room shelves got put up. Anna’s new Potterybarn curtains got hung. The yard got mowed – front + back. Everything got vacuumed. We celebrated Cindy’s birthday with dinner out on Friday night in Chagrin. We had a blast with the neighbors at the block party on Saturday night. We had a big family dinner to celebrate Cindy’s birthday on Sunday. We got the garage organized. We did the Farmer’s Market + the playground on Sunday. We even started organizing fall clothes.
It was the perfect mix of productive and relaxing and fun.
Just like this bulgur salad is a great mix of summer flavors.
Tomato Basil Bulgur
- 2 c. dry bulgur (cooked as directed)
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 c. fresh basil, chopped
- 3/4 c. feta cheese
- salt + pepper
- Cook bulgur as directed.
- When it’s done and has cooled, add chopped tomatoes, basil + feta.
- Drizzle with roasted garlic balsamic vinaigrette.
Roasted Garlic Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 heads of roasted garlic (about 2 T) (roasted in foil with olive oil at 400 for 40 minutes) removed from clove
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. white wine vinegar
- 2 T. honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roast garlic by cutting off top of head and drizzling with olive oil. Place in a piece of foil and wrap up tightly. Bake at 400 for 40-45 minutes. Garlic should be very soft when done cooking.
- Add oil and vinegars to roasted garlic and stir to combine.
- Add honey and salt + pepper
Shake well to combine.