Healthy Zucchini Bites
When trying to think about how to use my 2 ft. zucchini from my aunt Marilyn’s garden, I quickly thought of Gina’s recipe for zucchini tots that she recently posted.
I assumed Anna would love them so I set to work. I adapted the recipe because I wanted to use a little more zucchini and it turned out great. A cross between a frittata and crustless quiche.
Easy to pop into your mouth and filled with protein and green veggies.
Check out the nutrition stats!
- 2 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 large egg + 1 egg white
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup multigrain baking mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Grate or use a food processor to shred the zucchini.
- Wring all of the excess water out of the zucchini.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each muffin cup.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until cooked thro
Serving: 2 mini muffins
- Calories: 63
- Fat: 1
- Carbs: 9
- Protein: 4
Share on Facebook