After a weekend of cookies, birthday cake, gourmet chocolate, and lots of wine it’s nice to have a simple and fresh meal. This kale salad is the perfect go-to meal. It’s full of pantry ingredients, and can be filled with seasonal add-ins.
Simple Kale Salad
- 3 – 5 cups of chopped kale, big stems removed
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 T honey
- 1/2 c. craisins
- 1/3 c. roasted + salted sunflower seeds
- salt and pepper
- Place kale in a large bowl and massage(with your hands) the olive oil, and lemon juice into the leaves until they are lightly coated and begin to soften.
- Allow kale to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Add sunflower seeds and craisins.
- Drizzle with honey add salt and pepper.
- Add any seasonal veggies you wish: blueberries, peaches, avocado, cucumber or fresh snap peas would be a few of my choices.
- Enjoy with a friend!