I am continuing with my streak of not using my camera and it’s now a problem. We had a great time cooking out, watched the fireworks, went boating and played yard games but my picture collection is lacking. Change is a must.
Until then. Here is an easy + light lentil recipe for you to add to your lentil collection. It has an almost caesar-like taste!
Lemon Tahini Lentil Salad + Dressing
adapted from Tahini-Lemon Dressing.
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt + freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 3 tbsp water, or as needed
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
for the salad – anything goes as an add-in!
- 1 – 2 c. brown or green lentils, cooked as directed (depending if you want it more veggie or lentil based)
- 2 med. tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 c. shredded carrots
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 3 small peppers, diced
- optional: feta cheese, romaine, green beans, etc