This week has flown by. It’s hard to believe that a week ago today we were packing the car to make the 8hr. trip to Tilghman Is, MD. It’s impossible to believe that 4th of July is right around the corner. It feels like summer should be just starting.
Tomorrow starts a week of parties, fireworks, cookouts, boating and fun with friends and family.
This weekend we have my cousin and his wife, (Brian + Erin) and Brady’s sister and bf (Janelle + George) and his parents, coming to stay with us. We are doing the cookout thing here tomorrow night and then heading to my parents’ neighborhood for their 4th of July festivities and fireworks on Saturday.
So in order to keep up Brady’s energy for the busy week ahead, I had to feed him well this week. (Although let’s be serious, he eats pretty well, every.single.day. thanks to my cooking obsession).
This dinner, however, included spinach for strength and stamina, roasted red pepper for patience and positivity and light cheddar and a little feta for cheerfulness and charm. He will need all those things to power through. 🙂
The key to stuffed chicken and weekend success: being prepared. Having things ready. Knowing when to rest (aka nap). Staying hydrated + marinated.
Roasted Red Pepper + Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 6 chicken breasts in this marinade
- 1 box of frozen chopped spinach, thawed + drained
- 1 small jar of roasted red peppers, chopped + drained
- 1 4 oz. pack of tomato + basil feta cheese
- 1 egg
- salt + pepper
- 1 T. Italian seasonings or basil
- 4 slices of light cheddar cheese (Such as Cabot)
- Trim the chicken and place it in marinade for up to 24 hrs. ahead of cooking it. (marinate in the fridge not on the counter!)
- While chicken is marinading, mix drained spinach, roasted red peppers, feta, seasonings, and egg together until combined.
- Slice chicken breasts so they are almost cut in half, but not cut all the way though. (Think: like a hamburger bun – mostly open but still attached.)
- Place a large scoop of the spinach mixture in the middle of the sliced chicken breast and top with a piece of cheese.
- Continue until all of the chicken has been stuffed.
- Place in a sprayed cooking dish or sheet and bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken. Make sure chicken is cooked through before serving.