I posted about this a few weeks ago and forgot to share the recipe. I’m sorry! Unfortunately, I can’t take full responsibility for coming up with this creation, but I am happy to give credit to Ashley! It’s been a huge hit at our house and I hope it will be at yours as well!
The secret to the tasty and creamy sauce is silken tofu! Blended with the sauce, it tastes just like cream!
Healthy Creamy Pasta Sauce
- 1 block of silken tofu
- 1 c. chopped frozen spinach
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- 1/4c grated parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast
- 1/2t garlic, minced
- 1t dried oregano
- 1/4-1/2t salt
- 1-2t safflower oil
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes, optional
- Add the tofu, marinara sauce, chopped spinach, parmesan or 3T nutritional yeast, garlic, oregano, 1/4t salt, and black pepper to your blender or food processor and turn on.
- Process until creamy and smooth. Taste and add more seasonings if desired.
- Heat on the stove or add to hot noodles or veggies.
- Serve immediately or portion into small baking dishes and broil on the top rack with extra cheese on top for 1-3min until bubbly. Top with red pepper flakes if desired.
If you have leftover sauce, enjoy it off a spoon or warmed in a pan + poured overtop your veggies.
What are you waiting for, start cooking?
I love pasta recipes that I can make more healthy for Anna because she is such a noodle lover. By adding the silken tofu, you can sneak in a lot of protein and by adding the spinach, you are packing in the nutrients!
What are your favorite healthy and kid-friendly pasta recipes?