Congrats again to Janelle for her graduation from Wittenberg this weekend!
We are so proud of you!
We have been having lots of fish for dinner lately, have you?
I love this article –
Benefits of Eating Fish
Asthma – children who eat fish may be less likely to develop asthma.
Brain and eyes – fish rich in omega 3 fatty acids can contribute to the health of brain tissue and the retina (the light sensitive tissue lining the inner surface of the eye).
Cancer – the omega 3 fatty acids in fish may reduce the risk of many types of cancers by 30 to 50 per cent, especially of the oral cavity, oesophagus, colon, breast, ovary and prostate.
Cardiovascular disease – eating fish every week reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke by reducing blood clots and inflammation, improving blood vessel elasticity, lowering blood pressure, lowering blood fats and boosting ‘good’ cholesterol.
Dementia – elderly people who eat fish or seafood at least once a week may have a lower risk of developing dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease.
Depression – people who regularly eat fish have a lower incidence of depression (depression is linked to low levels of omega 3 fatty acids in the brain).
Diabetes – fish may help people with diabetes manage their blood sugar levels.
Eyesight – breastfed babies of mothers who eat fish have better eyesight, perhaps due to the omega 3 fatty acids transmitted in breast milk.
Inflammatory conditions – regular fish consumption may relieve the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and autoimmune disease.
Prematurity – eating fish during pregnancy may help reduce the risk of delivering a premature baby.
Pesto Tomato Mahi Mahi
- 5 pieces of fresh or frozen fresh mahi mahi or firm white fish
- 2 Tbs. pesto
- 3 med. tomatoes diced
- 1/2 c. feta cheese
- 1/3 c. lemon juice
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 cubes of basil
- salt and pepper
- onions, mushrooms and zucchini, for serving on top
- Place pieces of fish in marinade of: lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, basil and salt and pepper. Allow to marinate for at least an hour.
- While fish is marinating, chop tomatoes.
- When you are ready to serve. Place fish on a cookie sheet covered in foil.
- Top with smear of pesto, tomatoes and feta cheese.
- Bake at 425 for 13-18 minutes.
- Serve on top of a bed of sauteed mushrooms, onions and zucchini.