For Morgan’s Birthday Party on Saturday I took black bean dip.
It was super easy to make and tasted fresh and filling.
If you need a new dip for your Mexican dinner party or just for fun, try it!
Black Bean Dip
- 1 can black beans
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup diced, fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Place black beans in a medium size mixing bowl, partially mash beans — beans should remain a little chunky.
- In a frying pan, heat oil over a medium heat and cook onion and garlic until soft.
- Mix beans, tomato, salsa, cumin, and chili powder into the frying pan; cook for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add cilantro and lime juice.
- Serve with veggies or tortilla chips and a large margarita!