Big day in our house.
In exciting news, our great friends Jen and Duke welcomed a little baby boy into the world today. We can’t wait to meet Baby Harrison Brian this weekend!
In celebration of Baby Harrison’s birth we bought a new couch! This couch buying process has been going on for a few weeks and is not an easy decision. We decided on one from Macy’s, without the chaise.
Now the plan is to paint the family room. Any decorators with advice? I would love some feedback! When we get the couch, I’ll post pics of it in our house and with some samples we like.
For busy days, it’s so nice to have a quick and warm meal! Next time you need one, try this.
Simple cheese melts or quesadilla.
1 whole grain tortilla
a handful of 2% cheddar
Toss it in the oven at 400 until it’s warm and bubbly.
To go with the simple cheese melt which can act as a cracker or grill cheese for dipping, try this easy black bean soup.
Easy Black Bean Soup
(measurements are not exact so change according to your liking)
- 1 container of black bean soup – Trader Joe’s
- 2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of black beans with liquid
- large handful of sweet peppers, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 T. EVOO
- 2 T. garlic
- 1/3 c. dry sherry (this adds a great flavor)
- In a large soup pot, saute onions, peppers and garlic
- When veggies are starting to soften, add bean soup, and beans.
- Simmer together for 5-10 minutes then add sherry.
- Let soup continue to cook for 4-5 minutes.
Stir in cilantro and top with avocado.
Cornbread makes another great dipper.