Hello Monday morning! After 4 hours of sleep on Saturday, 4:30am came pretty early this morning. I dragged myself to teach spinning and felt 1,000 times better by the time class was done. Exercise does so many great things for your mind and body – it’s amazing.
When looking at our pictures of visiting Santa this weekend I realized I never shared my crab cake recipe from last week. Brady admitted these may be the best crab cakes I have ever made. When I asked him to guess the secret ingredient, he had no clue.
Mashed Potato Crab Cakes
- 1 can premium crab meat, picked free of shells and drained
- 1 cup prepared mashed potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes)
- 2 green onions (green and white parts), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper, green or red
- 1/4 cup light or low fat mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup EVOO for simmering
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except for the oil.
- Shape into patties and add a little more panko to crust if you would like.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over low-medium heat.
- When oil is hot, carefully place crab cakes, into pan.
- Leave crab cake to simmer for 4-5 minutes or until browned.
- Flip and cook 4-5 more minutes.
- Serve warm!
The mashed potatoes add a new dimension and texture to ordinary crab cakes!
Thanks, Simply Potatoes.