Yesterday was an exciting day for me because Anna made it in the childcare at the gym for a full hour without them needing to page me. Every time I would hear an announcement on the loud speaker, I would be ready to jump off the treadmill and head downstairs. This made for a great workout because at any second, I was ready for it to be over. I pushed myself hard through running/weight intervals. About every 8 minutes, I celebrated the fact I was still working out muttering things like ” well, at least I got 16 minutes in” and “24 minutes is not bad”. At 32 minutes, I was happy because I felt like the drive to the gym was worth it at that point. By 56 minutes, I was exhausted.
After throwing on a dry shirt (something that doesn’t usually happen) I grabbed Anna from her “play date” and we headed to Polaris. We dined with Jen, her mom, and Hads at Subway in the food court before making a group trip to Costco. We cruised the aisles and picked up some must-haves like avocados, lettuce and strawberries.
Then Anna and I headed home to get ready for the weekend. She wanted to pick out what we were going to make for dinner. Since she has good taste, I let her.
Then we played tag.
Until Anna found the bag of apples.
She decided she better sample them or at least give them a good licking.
Two are obviously better than one.
She had trouble getting both in her mouth at once despite how hard she tried.
Finally, Brady got home and the rest of the apples were saved. I was going to make a pie, but thought strawberry shortcake would be healthier (at least less germy).
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 2 T. sugar
- frozen vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups of Trader Joe’s multigrain mix (or Bisquick)
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 2 T. sugar
- Strawberries: Crush the berries and 2 T. sugar or blend them in a food processor until they become a sauce, set aside
- Shortcake: Combine 2 cups of mix with water and 2 T. sugar. Bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are done. (FYI: because I omitted the oil, the biscuits were pretty flat but I didn’t care because they were covered with toppings.)
- When biscuits are done place one in each bowl and top with frozen vanilla yogurt and strawberries!
- Enjoy with a glass of Riesling!
We are off on a family run in the sun today!