We started our morning with a walk with Jen and Hadley. It was the perfect temperature outside – mid 70′s- and it was good to catch up with them! After our walk I came to have lunch with Brady who had a dentist appt. near our house. We chowed down on big salads and then he headed back to work.
Later in the afternoon we went for a walk with Tracie and Jasper (1 year old), our neighbors. It was such a nice day we just couldn’t stay inside!
For dinner, I made a new recipe that I found in Eating Well. I changed the recipe a little bit.
Panzanella with Salmon
3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons capers and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 thick slices day-old whole-grain bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 big tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3/4 cup of cubed fresh mozzarella
- 6 pieces fresh salmon
- 3 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. EVOO
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Coat (or marinate ahead of time) salmon with mixture of mustard, EVOO, lemon juice and agave.
- Whisk vinegar, capers, EVOO and mustard and salt and pepper.
- Bake salmon for 20-25 minutes until fully cooked.
- Add bread, mozzarella, tomatoes, cucumber, onion and basil to the dressing.
- When salmon is done – let it cool, place on top of salad.
*Note: This salmon is super ugly looking because the mustard makes a yucky color. I turned this salmon over when I topped the salad.