Anna and I started the day yesterday with a 5.5 mile run. It felt so much cooler than it has in…a long time! It was great to be able to be outside and not have trouble breathing!
We came home from our run to get some stuff done at home and shower. Then we met Jen and Hadley for some impromptu shopping. I didn’t need anything so I picked up a book I had been wanting to get Anna – Snuggle Puppy. Does anyone have it? Jen and I love the children’s author Sandra Boynton.
After an afternoon of playing, dinner was pretty easy but really really good. We had grilled tuna steaks, quinoa, tomato mozzarella salad and grilled veggies. It was a lot of food and it was all so good I just wanted to keep eating way past my stuffing point.
For the tuna – I marinated it in the fridge for over 12 hours. It was sooooo good! I can’t wait to have it again! I changed a recipe I had ripped out of a Weight Watchers magazine from a while ago.
The marinade was:
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 T agave
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 T garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) tuna steaks
- Mix together the soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, agave, and pepper. Place the tuna steaks in the marinade and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook the tuna steaks for 5 to 6 minutes, then turn and baste with the marinade. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or to desired doneness.
Fresh Mozzarella Tomato salad with Emily’s mom’s organic garden tomatoes. These were so sweet and delicious! I decided on doing a photo shoot for them…
And our little grilling assistant