Today was a super busy day. It started with a sleepless night and a 5am morning feeding/wake up. I didn’t go back to sleep after that, but instead made coffee and got going.
Anna and I did 4 miles before 8am. Then it was home to breakfast, shower and getting ready. We made dinner for our friends, did laundry and dishes. At around 11am, we headed off to school (where I taught/teach?!) to grab a few things that I left.
We were at school for a few hours chatting and getting my things before we left. It was a weird feeling to not be setting up my classroom, but it was a good feeling to be leaving with Anna and knowing our full days together weren’t going to end next week with the start of school.
After stopping at school, we headed to Old Navy. I was looking for clothes for Anna, but didn’t end up buying anything. I haven’t figured out what I need for fall and I don’t know what size she will be next summer to get things on sale. So what were we to do but head to Whole Foods. I didn’t get much besides some intriguing new ingredients…like brown rice syrup!
Then poor Anna and I stopped at Menchie for froyo to take to Jen’s. We hung out with Jen and Hadley until Brady and Duke’s soccer game. Then we went and cheered on the boys!
For dinner tonight I made a simple but summery meal. Brady loved it!
Tortellini with Chicken Sausage Recipe
- 1 large package of fresh tri color cheese tortellini
- 1 package of natural roasted garlic chicken sausage
- 3 T EVOO
- 2 T fresh parsley
- 1 T crushed or minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta as directed – until al dente and drain
- Cut sausage into small 1/2 in. pieces.
- Brown sausage pieces in a pan with a little cooking sprat or EVOO
- Add 3T EVOO , garlic, parsley and salt and pepper to sausage in pan
- Simmer until flavors infuse (3-4 min)
- Add pasta and simmer together for about 2-3 minutes.
Serve warm or cold
*Next time I may add some veggies to the dish, but this time I just served with fresh steamed broccoli