The Menu for today said BBQ Chicken, sweet potatoes and caprese salad so I set to work early. I cut up sweet potatoes this morning before Little A woke up. I love getting things done in the morning while I am drinking my coffee. I feel like everything I do is a bonus. I am an early bird for sure! By 10pm…well more like 9pm I am done. Nothing productive happens after dinner really.
So back to this morning… I did some dinner prep and then played with Anna. Around 10ish Brady’s mom, Gramma, came over to hang out with Anna so I could go to the gym and run a few errands! I was so excited I got to take a new step class. I used to do step all the time in high school and I taught it in college but I have not done it in a few years. It was a good workout for something different. I realized I like a lot of other classes better now though – at least better than the super choreographed class I took today. I did a few weights and called it a day. I think I want to teach group fitness classes again…
Later in the afternoon I made dinner. I grilled the veggies and chicken in between the rain storms. I also chopped and threw together the Caprese salad.
The BBQ chicken was pretty basic. I marinated the chicken all day then grilled it and added more sauce.
The potatoes and peppers were also pretty simple.
Grilled Sweet Potato, Peppers and Onions
(Inspired from a recipe found in WW magazine)
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 3 onions
- 20 little mini sweet peppers – or 2 regular yellow/orange peppers
- 2 T EVOO
- salt and pepper
- Microwave sweet potatoes for about 5-10 minutes until they are softer but still pretty firm
- Cut potatoes into small pieces
- Cut onions and peppers as well.
- Spray a grill pan with cooking spray or brush with EVOO
- Place all veggies in the grill pan and grill for about 10 minutes – until black in some places and veggies are softened.
Got to go! We have a little gangsta in the house…