Yesterday was a busy day. We had a ton of unpacking to do from the weekend and Anna had her 2month appointment and shots. She made it through but it was not a fun experience for any of us!
I felt like I hadn’t cooked a meal in a long time (it’s really been like a week!) so I was excited to make a good, healthy, clean dinner! After consulting some Cooking Light magazines, some of my favorite blogs and a few cookbooks, I decided on: Asian Salmon Burgers. My main inspiration was Natalie from The Sweets Life.
Asian Salmon Burgersfor 6 burgers
– 2 cans Pink Wild Alaskan Salmon (I get mine from Costco), drained and picked through
– 1/4 cup oats- 1/3 cup oat bran – 1 egg and 2 egg whites
– 3 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
– 2 Tbsp. lime juice -1 tsp sesame oil – 1 tbsp. hot chili garlic paste
– 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
-dash of pepper
1. In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
2. Form salmon mixture into 6 patties. 3. Heat a pan with cooking spray and add patties to skillet. 4. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, flipping a few times.5. Remove from skillet, place on bun or bed of lettuce.
I had my burger on a bed of lettuce and spiralized zucchini and Brady enjoyed a bun from the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program and Nature’s Pride!