Today was a long day, and I am ready for the weekend! One more day…we are almost there! I dragged myself out of bed this morning and made it to the gym for 40 minutes of hill walking and ellipticalling. It was not easy but I knew I would feel better all day- I did. After school I came home and unloaded the dishwasher and cleaned up the house. Then I got set on making dinner.
I thought dinner was great but it was a little to “chunky” for Brady. I agree that we do need a new garlic press because our garlic was pretty big, but the tomato chunks were not my fault. :) It’s hard to avoid the chunks in diced tomatoes. I don’t think he suffered too much though.
Spicy Shrimp Pasta
- 4 small cloves of garlic – minced
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes – 1 without the liquid and 1 with the juice. I used organic.
- 4 small basil cubes (frozen section of TJ’s)
- lots of ground red pepper (1tsp.)
- few sprinkles of Italian seasoning
- 1 lb. of shrimp (I buy them raw then I boil them until they are cooked, then I peel them)
- Mince garlic and start it cooking in a pan with a little cooking spray.
- Add tomato paste and diced tomatoes.
- Stir tomatoes together and add basil, red pepper, and seasonings.
- In a separate pan, cook the cooked shrimp with garlic seasoning until shrimp are firm and seasoned.
- Then add shrimp to the red sauce.
- Simmer until sauce cooks down and flavors mix.
- Serve over pasta!
I used Barilla pasta plus but any pasta will work.
My plate also included some more roasted veggies and broccoli that I mixed all together to make a big mess! Leftovers should be good for tomorrow too! This recipe was inspired by the Cooking Light Shrimp Fra Diavolo recipe from this month.
I have some great product reviews coming as well a fun contest!