So…my ECTO (the Mac blogging tool I use) is all messed up and won’t stop “thinking”. I am getting very tired of seeing that little rainbow wheel spinning but I don’t really know what to do about it. Does anyone know how I can get this off my computer and back on without these problems? Moving it to the trash and reinstalling it does not work. HELP!!
Now that I got that off my chest I can get on with my life. 🙂 Yesterday was a good day. I went to spinning at 6am, ran some errands, came home and made dinner then relaxed. I got a few things crossed off my to-do list like – I scheduled a couple interviews with pediatricians we are looking at, got Brady in to get a H1N1 shot and folded laundry.
For dinner I made a basic meal of quinoa, baked tofu (for me) and chicken (for Brady) with asparagus and roasted veggies. The roasted veggies came out great! I forgot how much I love cauliflower – especially roasted. I was worried I was going to have to give up cauliflower and broccoli when I have the baby and I am nursing because these veggies can cause the baby to be uncomfortable (read: gassy). Then I looked into it a little more because I can not live without broccoli, and found that if you eat them during pregnancy the baby is usually used to them and therefore fine! Phew! 🙂
So back to the roasted veggies:
- lots of cauliflower (cut into pieces and washed)
- 1 small container of white mushrooms (washed and cut into pieces)
- some leftover butternut squash, cut into small pieces
- any other veggies you have – eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, brussel sprouts, artichokes, onions
- 1 packet of Good Seasons dressing – I make mine with less oil and more vinegar and I sub balsamic vinegar for apple cider
- salt and pepper
- Chop all clean veggies and toss in dressing
- Bake at 425 for about 40 minutes or until desired tenderness is reached.
These are super simple and so flavorful! They are great for a dinner party because you can prep them ahead of time and cook them while other things are cooking (or cook ahead and reheat). They also make the house smell great!
Tomorrow: Flax Oat Blueberry Muffins and a delicious dinner!