There are lots of occasions that give me a chance to make dinner for other people. From hosting people at our house, to taking dinner when a loved one is lost or a new baby is born, I love cooking for other people. I usually find it easiest to cook when people are coming to my house, but this meal challenges my original thought.
I took dinner to the cutest family, who live down the street and just had a baby girl! I wanted to make something they could reheat and that would travel easily, so this meal fit perfectly!
Chicken Feta Artichoke Orzo – a variation of the shrimp-artichoke- orzo
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of artichoke hearts – quartered
- 1 lb. orzo
- 2 grilled chicken breasts
- 1 container of reduced fat feta cheese
- garlic, salt and pepper, italian seasonings, basil, etc.
- Put the can of tomatoes and artichokes (with all of their juice) into a pan to simmer.
- Add seasonings if your prefer.
- Boil water and cook orzo as directed.
- While things are cooking, chop up the grilled chicken into small pieces
- When orzo is done, drain but don’t rinse, and add tomato/artichoke mixture, plus chicken and 3/4 container of feta.
- Stir until mixed. Top with remaining feta!
*This can easily be reheated!
Bread to go: Fresh French bread, sliced and buttered with herb butter (italian seasonings, garlic, s+p, stirred into room temp. butter)
Wrapped in foil for easy reheating!
Spinach – Wheatberry – Goat Cheese – Cranberry salad
Just like it sounds! I put the walnuts in a bag for them to add in case of allergies!
🙂 Super simple to make and take!!